Nars celebrates 25 years and there is a new lineup of lipstick in matte, satin, and sheer finishes. The formula of the lipsticks is new that delivers instant colour vibrancy and conditions lips for a hydrated feel. There is a collection of 72 shades including nudes, bolds, and bright shades.
Inspired by the revolutionary vision of Francois Nars, the entire iconic lipstick line of Nars is revamped and 72 shades with three different finishes have launched by the brand. The 12 original lipsticks by the brand are packaged in red and white while the rest 60 shades are package in signature matte black and white.
The new formula contains a blend of Moringa and Passion Fruit Seed Oils which feel lightweight and comfortable on the lips and enhances colour vibrancy while hydrating at the same time.
The lipsticks have medium to full coverage and easily buildable. The formula of all the finishes is nice, comfortable, and consistent. The matte is not drying but has a soft, semi-matte lightweight feel to it. The sheer formula has a sheer glossy finish while the satin is creamy and more like a classic lipstick with a subtle sheen. The lasting power of the lipstick is pretty nice.
Below is a description in a few words for the three formulas:
- Sheer: subtle, sheer colour that shines
- Satin: creamy, rich colour
- Matte: intense colour with a velvety finish
Below are the shades I have swatched and their description, there is a mix of all three formulas:
- Boukhara Matte – Matte mauve nude pink
- Tolede Satin – Satin pink rose
- Fast Ride Sheer – Sheer Mulberry
- Living Doll (Sheer) – sheer bright coral with slight pink tones
- Belle De Jour (Sheer) – Sheer nude beige
- Cool It (Satin) – Satin metallic mauve
- Fire Down Below (Matte) – Matte deep crimson
- Shrinagar (Sheer) – Sheer metallic raspberry
- Erotic Adventure (Matte) – Matte warm plum
- Hot Channel (Satin) – Satin shimmering purple
- Little Princess (Sheer) – Sheer shimmering light pink
- Damage Control (Satin) – Satin bright fuchsia pink
- Chelsea Girls (Sheer) – Sheer Pink Beige
- Damage (Sheer) – Sheer Muted Grape
- Gipsy (Sheer) – Sheer berry red
- Rosecliff (Satin) – Satin soft rose
Overall, there is a lot to love about these lipsticks and the formula is amazing. The three formulas are another plus point and based on your choice and liking. I love wearing the shade based on my mood. My everyday lightweight base is Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.
Where To Buy Nars Products?
*Affiliate links below, these help Preet with running costs of the blog