Winters bring cozy clothes and hot chocolates with them, but there is also a lack of moisture in the air which eventually affects your skin. You need to take care of your hands, feet, and face as they tend to be exposed to cold temperatures.
What should you do?
Now that you know why you need to take care of your hands and feet let's learn how to do it effectively.
- Keep them moisturized: It is the basic yet essential thing you need to do in winter. Cold airstrips off the moisture from the skin, so using a moisturizer with thick consistency will provide the necessary nourishment. Aloe vera gel works effectively for dry skin.
- Humidifier: While heaters are a source of comfort during winter, their dry air affects the skin similarly to cold air. Investing in a humidifier might be an ideal thing to do as it will not cause any flakiness and maintain moisture.
- Keep them covered: Wearing woollen gloves and socks will prevent cold air from touching your skin directly. It helps them keep warm and prevents dryness to some extent.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation will help remove the dead skin cells, but too much exfoliation will cause dryness. You should exfoliate regularly but not frequently and make sure that you moisturize appropriately after it.
What shouldn't you do?
Here are a few things which you should avoid doing in winter
- Hot showers: While it is comfortable to take hot showers, they are not suitable for your skin. Lukewarm water is a better choice and will not destroy lipid barriers.
- Sulphate-containing products: Sulphate-containing products are not suitable for use in any weather, but they are more damaging in winter.
- Heavy make-up: If you suffer from dry skin, applying too much makeup is unsuitable for you as it deteriorates your skin quality.
Here are some products which you can use in winter to take care of your hands and feet:
1. L’Occitane Hand Cream Indulgences set
It is ideal for personal use as well as a gift item. It contains three hand creams: Shea Classic Hand Cream, Shea Golden Latte Light Hand Cream, and Shea Chestnut Hand Cream. A small amount and a gentle massage a few times throughout the day will work great.
2. Hermès Les Mains Hand Cream
A subtle aroma and ingredients like hyaluronic acid, which provide long-lasting g hydration, make this cream ideal for all seasons. A pea-sized amount is enough to cover your hands and provide enough moisturization.
3. Laura Mercier Party of Three Hand Cream Gift set
To get those soft hands, these are the ideal choice. The subtle scents of crème brûlée, almond coconut and amber vanilla will keep your hands refreshed all day long.
4. Chanel La Creme Main Hand Cream
An innovative design with moisturizing benefits for you to use in winter. The formula readily gets absorbed into the skin and keeps it hydrated. It also repairs the skin barrier and decreases the appearance of dark spots.
5. Aveda Foot Relief Foot Cream
With the goodness of castor and jojoba oil, this moisturizing cream will keep your feet happy and healthy throughout the winter. The creamy formula gets absorbed readily and keeps feet hydrated. Thus, it is an essential for foot care.
6. L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream
A rich formula that makes your feet smoother and relieves tired feet. The lavender oil is soothing and has anti-inflammatory properties, while the shea butter keeps skin soft. It is my go-to for foot care.
7. Deborah Lippmann Steppin Out’ Nourishing Foot Cream
This simple and effective formula will keep your feet nourished in winter. It provides deep hydration and soothes aching feet and, thus, is perfect for foot care. It is instantly effective, and repairs damaged skin as well.
8. Nordstrom Cashmere Lined Leather Touchscreen Gloves
These leather gloves are lined with cashmere which will keep your hands warm in the cold, dry weather. A sleek look with cozy comfort is what you need this winter, and this is the ideal choice.
9. Rag & Bone Women’s Addison Wool Blend Gloves
These woollen gloves are a must-have for the coming winter. You can wear it casually, and the stretchy ribbed cuffs fit snugly on your hands. The logo patch provides a great contrast with the beautiful shades of burgundy, pink and camel.
10. UGG All-Weather Touchscreen Compatible Quilted Gloves With Genuine Shearling Trim
The most annoying thing with gloves might be the struggle to take them off to operate your phone. These gloves are lined with faux fur, keeping you warm, and they are touchscreen compatible.
11. Drake’s Fair Isle Wool & Cashmere Socks
The ideal blend of cashmere and merino wool for foot care with designs of snowflakes and stripes represents the Nordic spirit. They are easy to maintain and keep you warm.
12. Givenchy Logo Wool Gloves
Classic black and white gloves are made with soft wool that will keep your hands warm and cozy. They can be paired with your casual outfits and the subtle logo detail.
13. Pré de Province Lily Of The Valley Hand Cream
A luxurious formula with a blend of glycerin, shea butter and sweet almond oil that will absorb readily in your skin. The lightweight formula has a subtle formula and provides ideal nourishment.
14. Sisley-Paris Restorative Hand Cream
An ideal blend of moisturization and nourishment will keep your hands soft and your nails healthy. Active ingredients like saccharides help retain water for longer durations.
15. UGG Josephine Leopard-Print Fleece-Lined
These pastel-coloured socks are perfect to wear during winter at home when you want to stay cozy while keeping your feet warm. They are lined with fleece and come in beautiful colours.
16. Stems Plush Ankle Socks
A cotton-elastane blend that makes the perfect cozy socks for you to keep your feet warm. A wide variety of colours is available for you to choose from. And thus, a must-have for foot care.
Check out more for Fall & Winter:
*Affiliate Links above